5.23.2005

SD


SD
Originally uploaded by mufflevski.
Photography has always been a passion of mine. I've spent lots of time in the darkroom in the 'early days'. Most of that darkroom time was developing and printing transmission electron micrographs. I worked for several years at an EM diagnostic virology lab at Duke - which was such a blast. The electron microscope is such an impressive piece of equipment. The pictures we'd generate of the viruses were simply amazing. I still work in a lab, but primarily use the light microscope to take interesting pics of cell structure/signaling etc. I really love this as well.

But now on my year abroad, i turn my attention to the world which most of us are used to seeing. No need for a microscope as my eyes are sufficient. I'm currently using a digital camera- a Canon PowershotS410 (but if i find that this is insufficient, will dig out my NikonF3 nondig SLR). Enjoy!