5.23.2005

tortillacross


crosstortilla
Originally uploaded by mufflevski.
Woke up from a midday nap today with a fledgling poem in my head, shouldve written it down. Are poems best composed in these almost-conscious states? (grab the bedside pen and notebook immediately!) Or do they just seem like brilliant seeds because you cant discern good writing in that slow feel-good sleepy fog?

Some new B/W pieces today. I'm wanting to produce images which are interesting to look at. Ok, Duh, right? But esp these days I want to even go a bit farther than the 'unadulterated' black and white photo. My attention turns to photomontage at the present. And what is 'unadulterated' anyhow? In the traditional darkroom - full of fixer and stopbathsolution, you dodge and burn and crop. A photograph is already once removed from 'reality'. I shouldnt be so worried about being a purist-and keep to what brings me pleasure. A purist perhaps would never touch a digital camera.